It is not difficult to create a lovely home when there are many colours to choose from. While Colorbond had many beautiful colours suitable for any style of roof, they haven’t rested on their laurels. Rather, they got to work and created six more that also reflect different aspects of our unique environment. The names tell us a lot about what inspired these colours.
- Basalt – chosen from the dark grey rocks often found in our creeks and cliffs.
- Cove – this is a lighter grey with a yellowish tint that comes from the sedges and grasses growing on our windswept coastal reaches.
- Gully – there are many gullies in Australia. This is a mid grey that reflects elements of rocks, gravel, soil and native bushes in them all.
- Mangrove – most people know about our amazing coastal mangrove areas that are alive with crabs and other creatures of the sea and swamps – a blend of deep grey and green in new roofing colours.
- Terrain – a dark brown that is not quite chocolate, this is a mix of the many different terrains in Australia, the reds and yellows of the Australian outback tempered with red soil plains and the darker hues of many wheat and wine-growing regions.
- Wallaby – this soft but strong grey with a tiny hint of blue reminds us of one of our unique, furry creatures.
There are many other colours apart from these. Classic cream and pale eucalypt are firm favourites, while paperbark, shale grey and surf mist and others offer many options for your roof. But there are also darker colours – cottage green and deep ocean, manor red and night sky, woodland grey, monument and ironstone all are evocative names that suggest what inspired them in the first place.
When you choose Colorbond roofing you can have a roof that really stands out or one that blends in with your surroundings – it’s your choice. The only thing you have to do is pick a colour you like and that suits your home and surroundings.
All except two colours – night sky (black) and stainless steel – have thermal properties, ensuring that your home will use far less energy to warm and cool it. This guarantees you savings over the whole lifetime of the home, so you don’t have to suffer from excessive heat or cold. You can have a much more comfortable life when the temperature is bearable.
Because the finish is baked on, you get a strong and durable roof that is non-combustible, termite resistant and weatherproof to protect your home and possessions from damage that can occur due to our often harsh and changeable Australian conditions. Once your home is covered with Colorbond roofing you will feel the difference – and love it.