In general, landscaping can be a difficult and time-consuming process. And yet, many people continue to attempt to do it alone. It’s certainly not for everyone, and you will need to think very carefully before committing to completing your landscaping projects on your own.
Because of this, it’s important to understand exactly what landscaping involves and why it’s so difficult. Ultimately, we always recommend using a professional landscaping team, such as Landscaping Sydney but in the end, the choice is yours. We’ve put the following guide together to help you out.
When Can I Consider Landscaping Alone?
Ultimately, there are a few times when deciding to take care of your own landscaping projects is a good decision. Some of these times include:
- When you’re a handy person with gardening/outdoor building experience.
- When your project is only small. For example, installing a new garden bed or laying new artificial turf.
- When your budget is extremely low and you want the most bang for your buck.
- When you already have a strong landscape design plan and you feel you can take care of everything on your own.
Even if you do decide to do things yourself – and yes, it is possible, if a little difficult – you should still always start with a detailed design blueprint.
When Should I Use a Professional Landscaping Contractor?
Like we said earlier, we always recommend using a professional team of landscapers to ensure the job is done right. However, there are times when it’s absolutely essential to use a professional. These include:
- When you’re installing complicated things like swimming pools or water features. These have to be done right, and they require specialist equipment.
- When you’re not a handy person and you don’t have a lot of tools. The cost of purchasing the tools you need will be high, and likely not worth it.
- When the job is large and you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. Don’t be tricked into trying to do things on the weekend – you will give up eventually.
In general, it’s better to lean on the side of caution and use a professional landscaping team.
How Do I Choose the Best Landscaper for My Backyard?
Choosing the right landscaping business can be difficult, but you shouldn’t have too many problems if you consider the following:
- Their reputation and past clients.
- Their prices and any potential hidden costs.
- Their estimated completion timeframe.
- Their friendliness and how easy they are to get along with.
Ultimately, you will want to choose a landscaping contractor who is friendly, easy to get along with, has a great reputation and is willing to offer you a great price.
People across Australia take care of their own landscaping needs every single day, so rest assured that it’s more than possible. However, it’s also worth knowing that doing things by yourself can be difficult and can lead to more problems than it’s worth.
Because of this, we recommend using a professional landscaping team, but in the end, the choice is yours.