It is not difficult to create a lovely home when there are many colours to choose from. While Colorbond had many beautiful colours suitable for any style of roof, they haven’t rested on their laurels. Rather, they got to work and created six more that also reflect different aspects of our unique environment. The names tell us a lot about what inspired these colours.
- Basalt – chosen from the dark grey rocks often found in our creeks and cliffs.
- Cove – this is a lighter grey with a yellowish tint that comes from the sedges and grasses growing on our windswept coastal reaches.
- Gully – there are many gullies in Australia. This is a mid grey that reflects elements of rocks, gravel, soil and native bushes in them all.
- Mangrove – most people know about our amazing coastal mangrove areas that are alive with crabs and other creatures of the sea and swamps – a blend of deep grey and green in new roofing colours.
- Terrain – a dark brown that is not quite chocolate, this is a mix of the many different terrains in Australia, the reds and yellows of the Australian outback tempered with red soil plains and the darker hues of many wheat and wine-growing regions.
- Wallaby – this soft but strong grey with a tiny hint of blue reminds us of one of our unique, furry creatures.